Another monthly 10 on 10 post and this time all my images are shot on film. Yes, FILM! Like that old school stuff you used back in the day..remember? I actually am really loving film lately and for sure you will be seeing more of it on my site!
Why I love Film :
- No, or little, post processing of images. They come straight out of the camera looking awesome.
- Film always seems to have this "look" that I love. Its simple, and raw. And totally reminds me of my childhood photos.
- Film makes my heart sing. It is like Christmas every time I send in a roll and have no idea how they will turn out! I have had some disappointments (like Christmas?!) but mostly have been happy with my scans. Even the not-so-good ones are exiting as you often forget what you shot and its like a little surprise!
- It makes you a better photographer. You HAVE to know your settings and how to manipulate light and understand the how and why of creating a great image. You only get one shot, not 100 like on digital!
- the creamy dreamy bokeh far exceeds anything created digitally
I can go on. Every time I shoot I discover another reason why I love Film.
I promise - film will be making an appearance in many a wedding or portrait shoot coming up! ♥
Once again there are a few more than ten images...but they are all my babes and I couldn't narrow it down!
Follow along the circle with the other amazing photographers starting with the talented Hope Davis
Love Bee Photography is now booking into Fall 2014. To book your session, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org